Raising GB and Hope
- There was a court ruling that said “teacher observation” is an inadequate way to determine whether a goal has been met or not.
- There has to be a well defined, easily accessible (for parents) method of determining necessity of an Extended Year Program. Regression is not the only criteria they can use to determine eligibility.
- There have been requirements for adequate teacher training since 2004. This includes training particular to your child’s disability(ies).
- IDEA 2004 raises the quality of FAPE. NCLB actually did accomplish something.
- I didn’t know you had to save up Mojo before an important meeting. I smiled sweetly Friday. I will spend the next 4 weeks, until we reconvene, lining up my ducks.