Mali turns one in a couple hours. MK had a party to celebrate today. It was not the way I have done first birthday parties, and there are things I could complain about or criticize. Or I could share all the positives I saw today.
- Our extended family turned out; not only Mali’s grandparents, but also GB’s grandparents, my friends, my daughter-in-law, my granddaughter, and MK’s new friends with their babies. MK and her friends go for walks with their babies four or five times a week. They have play dates, help each other out, and all take good care of their kids.
- MK was grateful for each person who came. Things went wrong and she recovered and moved on.
- GB was close to losing it. I made her official photographer and she was able to focus herself and did a great job.
- All the kids had a great time and none of them wanted to leave.
- The child who had dirty underwear, but had lost her poop, wasn’t even mine.
- My grandson had a great time!