Today I had a CSE meeting scheduled. I was going to get Hope two more speech sessions a week. I wanted GB to get a couple more therapy sessions a week. They were both slotted for 8:1:2 classes. I figured I could get it done in under a half-hour. I spent a while sorting out which IEP goals they hadn’t met in June and reviewing the most recent testing on Hope. An email from Mrs. V.S. Chairperson sidetracked me briefly, but I did get back to my prep.
I should had known an email from Mrs.V.S. Chairperson meant trouble was brewing. I received an email from GB’s DDSO service coordinator. It said that she had spoken to GB’s teacher, and while he felt the class was an excellent fit academically, it was not meeting her social needs. This took me by surprise, seeing as I had a meeting with Mr. Teacher less than a week ago. Mr. Teacher and I chatted on FB for over 45 minutes. This is some of what he said.
The net was it is the middle of August and I have less than three weeks to find an appropriate placement for GB and one does not exist in district.
I went to the CSE today. Mrs. V.S. Chairperson was in the room, but she was packing up her stuff and didn’t say a word. The committee quickly agreed to upping the frequency of Hope’s speech therapy, as she had not met a single speech goal on her IEP last year. There was no point discussing how much counseling GB should receive when we didn’t have a placement. I have another CSE meeting Monday morning at eight to work on that. I insisted they block out two hours. This is not going to be fun.