Today I received an email from Hope’s Texas Mom, wanting to help however she could with Hope’s adjustment. Truth stranger than fiction? I spent the morning pondering it. I thought back through thirty years of experience and many children having to come to terms with the fact that they are not going back. Some from failed adoptions, some from bio families. I think I have some key points it might be helpful for Hope to hear from her Texas Mom.
Here they are:
- Our family very much wanted her adoption to work.
- Our family tried very hard to make the adoption work.
- Everybody is sad that the adoption didn’t work.
- GB’s family is her family now.
- We are happy she has a family that loves her.
What do you think?
The therapist is another post.